According to scifi.com, three nuggets are killed and four vipers detroyed in the Battle for the Tylium Asteroid. The three onscreen deaths were Fireball (squadron leader, obviously not a nugget), Chuckles (nugget, Hand of God) and Stepchild. Since she resembles [unidentified nugget #3] well enough, we may therefore assume that she was among their number, and infer her rank as Cadet.
Does anywhere know where her name originated from? I know she's credited as Stepchild on IMDB, but that's not a reliable source. --April Arcus 18:33, 13 December 2005 (EST)
- Actually, Hot Dog was leader of Strike Force One, so we can't assume that Fireball was or was not. --Ricimer 18:39, 13 December 2005 (EST)
- Hot Dog was clearly not the leader of Strike One. Fireball was giving him commands. Watch the episode again. --April Arcus 18:52, 13 December 2005 (EST)
- Upon review of the footage, it looks like Stepchild had severe damage to her Viper, shown by the sparks, but since we don't see her Viper explode, it is possible that she survived.
I believe that Ltcrashdown's edit to Perry's article is worth keeping, since a character by his name was in fact mentioned as still living in a subsequent episode. However, Stepchild's death is clearly implied, and there is no evidence to the contrary. Thus, I do not feel that a note here is merited, and have reverted the edit. --April Arcus 00:30, 23 December 2005 (EST)
I'll admit that it doesn look like Stepchild died in the battle. The third nugget to die could be Spinner instead of Fireball if you read my subtitle transcript on Fireball's discussion page. Also, it's strange that scifi.com would list three dead nuggets and four destroyed Vipers. That could mean that one pilot survived, but his Viper did not (perhaps the heavily damaged Chuckles?). Just a thought. Ltcrashdown
- No, unfortunately, since a Viper is seen destroyed in an FX shot over the asteroid during the battle. The three dead nuggets/four destroyed vipers implies strongly that one of the killed pilots was not a nugget, which I take to be Fireball, the leader of Strike One. See my comments on Talk:Fireball for more. --April Arcus 20:46, 23 December 2005 (EST)
- Sorry about that. I was under the impression that the above post about three dead nuggets and four VIpers meant that three pilots died and a fourth pilot ended up with a nearly wrecked Viper that was scrap and nearly unsalvageable. Ltcrashdown December 23, 2005
Indeed. Oh, I think Stepchild may have had a crush on Chuckles. Notice how preoccupied she is with his fate? Such that she isn't concentrating on keeping her own ass alive. ZeldaTheSwordsman 03:04, 11 April 2009 (UTC)