Top 5 Off-Beat Vacation Destinations
So we've spent a lot of time talking about the highlights of Caprica City and we hope you come and visit soon. But what if you live in Caprica City and want to get away for a while? Well have we got a list for you! Check out the top five off-beat vacation destinations after the jump. It's definitely not all beaches, sun, and surf on this list! So head down to The Spaceport and kick off your unusual vacay! You'll be glad you did!
1) Kryos, Aquarion Like seeing democracy in action? Then this is the vacation for you! Every week on Aquarian, the government holds community meetings that are open to all. Though non-Aquarian residents aren't allowed to vote, there is a viewing room where you can watch the proceedings. Most issues on the floor are settled by majority vote. Even Prime ministers are chosen by two-thirds majority using this system. So go see for yourself what it's like to have a transparency in government!
2) Luminere, Leonis If you like energy drinks as much as we do, you'll love the tour of the Leonis Red bottling plant! That's right, on the outskirts of Luminere you can check out the factory where this debatably delicious liquid upper is made. Free samples of Red (complete with discreet poppy extracts) are given out during the tour but the guides monitor your intake rather closely...and for good reason. The last thing they need is a pack of The Caprican readers bouncing off their walls. And don't forget to stop at the gift shop at the end of the tour where you can bring back Leonis Red souvenirs to your friends back home (and for us, too, if you so choose).
3) Themis, Libran As we all know, Libran does not have a pyramid team to call their own. But that didn't stop the city's designers from building a beautiful outdoor pyramid arena. And that shouldn't stop you from visiting it! Yes, in the hopes that one day Libran would field a team, the city approved the construction of a mammoth stadium that now sits empty downtown. So get thee to Themis and see this marvel of modern architecture before Libran goes and gets itself a pyramid team!
4) Illumini, Gemenon So you'd like to brush up on the religion of the 12 Colonies but don't know where to start? Illumini, Gemenon's second city, is built around a massive Pantheon where every deity in the Sacred Scrolls, no matter how minor, is celebrated. Due to the exhaustive nature of this undertaking, The Pantheon is a giant complex of buildings constructed to house these celebrations of the Gods. In fact, it might take you several trips to Illumini to see it all - it really is that big!
5) Queenstown, Picon Don't let the wet, cold and cloudy weather keep you from visiting Picon's capital. Originally a fishing village, Queenstown has recently become a favored destination for outsourcing the filming of Caprican movies and TV shows. Though there are no official tours of the set, visitors and locals have reported numerous sightings of the cast of Nicky Casino - on set and off! If you're as big of a TV buff as we are, Queenstown has your name written all over it!