Welcome to Battlestar Wiki!
Welcome to the Wiki, AnteaterFeeder. Feel free to tell us about yourself on your user page. Before you get started on other edits, please read the Standards and Conventions, which details the policies we use in editing pages (this differs from many other wikis in its particular use of verb tense, abbreviations, formatting, and the like). If you need help in learning how to use the MediaWiki tools supported here, you can check out the tutorial and the wiki markup code pages for assistance.
We encourage you to participate in any projects on Battlestar Wiki, which work to enhance a particular subject or extension of the wiki. These include the Original Series Article Development Project and several language translations of Battlestar Wiki. If you have a new idea for a new project, visit the Think Tank, where we hash out large-scale ideas before implementing them.
Also, if you have any questions or suggestions you wish to offer, please feel free to do so either on an article's talk page that's relevant to the subject, the Wikipedian Quorum or the Administrators' noticeboard. Remember to sign your posts on any talk pages using four tildes (~~~~)!
Tucker "Duck" Clellan
This is the second time you made an addition that it needs to be inferred that Duck is a new pilot because he ignored Helo in "Flight of the Phoenix". No such thing is the case. They ignored Helo because of his contact with Sharon. He was known as Cylon-lover there already.
That edit was reverted once already, and it will probably be again. In general it's a good idea to check the talk pages for such disputes or make a comment there yourself, before just adding deleted content again. Steelviper explained why he reverted your edit. --Serenity 14:59, 18 January 2007 (CST)
- Actually Shane did the revert, but I agreed with it (and provided the explanation). However, this latest edit was much clearer and jogged my memory. While it's true they were giving him the cold shoulder, Helo does introduce himself to Duck in the scene. I don't think we should speculate too much about exactly what all that means, but we can note the introduction. Any analysis might be more appropriate down below, though. --Steelviper 15:23, 18 January 2007 (CST)
- From the transcript:
- Helo: (to Starbuck) Hey I thought I'd find you here. (Shakes her hand.) (to duck)Hey, Karl Agathon.
- We are discussing this in two places now, but I'll just keep it here. Yeah, upon comparing the edits again, the second version is much better as it leaves out any mention of Duck ignoring Helo. The introduction alone would be an indication. My inclination is to leave it in, but as you said place it lower. Maybe even in a "Notes" section as it's still speculative? --Serenity 15:29, 18 January 2007 (CST)
- Thanks. I am pretty new to this, so I'm using this article as my teething process (rather than frak up one of the main characters). I will add the inference that Duck is a post-miniseries addition in a notes section as you advise and edit the main text to omit this inference. Thanks for the help guys...I promise my work will be better in the future. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by AnteaterFeeder (talk • contribs).
- Great! There's definitely a learning curve, and nobody's expected to be at 100% right from the get-go. However, being a good communicator and being open to criticism (as you appear to be) will take you far. I hope you'll find we hold the same standard from the smallest stubs on up to the more well worn paths. I had completely forgotten that tidbit you added. Thanks for the edit, and welcome aboard! --Steelviper 15:37, 18 January 2007 (CST)
- Don't worry. Seems that we may have jumped the gun a bit by removing it completely in the first place. I didn't do it, but I agreed with it and might have done it myself. But more because I misunderstood your intentions and/or because of the way it was worded. It's a valid observation, but we are careful to not state speculation as a matter of fact. --Serenity 15:39, 18 January 2007 (CST)
- FYI, You can sign your posts by typing out a series of four tildes, like so : --~~~~ --April Arcus 16:17, 18 January 2007 (CST)
Please add new entries to talk pages at the bottom of the page. Thank you. --April Arcus 10:42, 21 January 2007 (CST)
Hi there. I reverted your last contribution to duty locker. No aired source confirms that anyone other than command officers get private quarters as a rule. The Agathons likely received theirs because (1) Helo became XO for a time while orbiting New Caprica and (2) as many crew mustered out at the time, there was room to have a private locker. In fact, characters such as the Tyrols and the Anders (Kara Thrace and Sam) don't have private quarters. Major Adama possibly has private quarters because of his rank, although no longer in command aside from being CAG, although early on he was bunked with other pilots. If you have an official source, please cite the specific reference. --Spencerian 19:44, 15 February 2007 (CST)
- Ok, I misunderstood. Other mods have told me that inferences made from the show can be added as notes at least, even if there is no concrete proof. In this case, we know the Agathons share a private quarters despite the fact that Helo is no longer a command officer. According to the article as is, that would imply that he and sharon should be placed back into the general duty lockers as his rank of captain does not qualify him for private quarters (Lee Adama was a captain for a long time and it wasn't until his promotion to commander did he likely get private quarters). The exception, I believe, is at least worthy of a note. So I'll try adding a more generic one that doesn't make any concrete assumptions AnteaterFeeder 20:03, 15 February 2007 (CST)
- You can add fact-grounded speculation to a certain degree. But people should also agree with it. Here I'm with Spencerian. I think it has more to do with his (former) position than that they are married. It's a case-by-case issue, but if the show supports your speculation then add it. If there is information to the contrary as well (like the Tyrols, or the demotions in position), you might better bring it up on the talk page first and hear some other people's opinions. I realize, that this might be confusing :)
- For what it's worth, your last version of the note is perfect. It points readers to the issue without making too many assumptions and people can make up their own mind about it --Serenity 05:52, 16 February 2007 (CST)