List of pilots
- For a list of Colonial Warriors, the original Viper pilots seen in the Original Series, see List of Warriors.
- This list was created to keep track of Galactica's current and former Viper pilots, Raptor pilots and ECOs, and includes members of the crew of Pegasus as well. When mentioned-only characters are linked to a separate article, they are either repeatedly mentioned, have some significance despite not being seen or the article includes a note about their name.
Pilot candidates, or "nuggets", normally start training in simulators, but after the Fall of the Twelve Colonies, Galactica's nuggets went from classroom straight into live aircraft until Pegasus (with its on-board flight simulators) joined the Fleet. Once nuggets complete their basic flight and combat training, they are known as "rooks".
Pilot wings are a permanently-awarded skills badge; they do not necessarily indicate active flight status, only that the wearer has successfully qualified as a pilot. Officers who have moved into non-flying positions, such as Aaron Kelly and Felix Gaeta, continue to wear them.
A flight suit, which protects a pilot during a decompression emergency, is standard apparel for all pilots.
V - Viper pilot
R - Raptor pilot
E - Raptor ECO
The following pilots have been mentioned in dialogue.
The following pilots' names can be seen on duty rosters in the pilots' ready room or on other documents following the second exodus. It may thus be presumed that they are on active duty. Some of these names appear on the roster as early as the first season in episodes like "Act of Contrition" and "The Hand of God".
- Pilot and ECO of Raptor 314 - The Captain's Hand (KIA)
- (At most) 4 pilots - Resurrection Ship, Part II
- Pilot and ECO of Raptor 3 - Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part I (KIA)
- 1 unidentified Viper Mk. II pilot - The Hand of God (KIA)
- 12 unidentified pilots - Act of Contrition (Accident)
- 18 Viper Mk. VII pilots - Miniseries, first sortie (KIA)
- 1 Viper Mk. II pilot - Miniseries, second sortie (KIA)
- 7 Viper Mk. II pilots - Miniseries, third sortie (KIA)
- 1 Viper Mk. VII pilot - Miniseries, third sortie (KIA)
These characters have not been seen or mentioned since the settlement of New Caprica, during which many military personnel mustered out of the service. As such, it is not known if they are still on active duty.
The following mentioned-only characters have been identified by name. They may be identical with any of the mentioned-only characters identified by call sign, listed below.
The following mentioned-only characters have been identified by callsign. They may be identical with any of the mentioned-only characters identified by name, listed above. All the pilots listed for "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part I" are part of the rescue mission to Caprica and identify themselves during the wireless check-in prior to the first jump.
Homages to real persons
The following pilots are homages to people working on the show or related to its production. Since they may only exist in behind-the-scenes photos and not featured on screen, they don't necessarily exist within the show's continuity.
- Firelli appears in the episode "Pegasus", appearing to fulfill the role of tactical officer. It is possible that, after Pegasus's destruction, he switches roles from CIC to fight duty.
- In "Unfinished Business", Dix's name appears on the blackboard keeping track of the boxers. It is implied that he is the person fighting Sergeant Omar Fischer
- Butch and Dune's callsigns can first be seen on the locker doors in "Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part I". It is likely that their names are on the lockers in all other appearances of the weight room as well (such as "Scar" and "Torn") even though they cannot be seen on screen. The last confirmed sighting is in "Crossroads, Part II".
- Note: In the Miniseries, Gaeta does not have flight wings on his uniform, but when the show went to series, the character is given flight wings from "33" and onward.
- See Image:Situation Room pilot board.jpg for the roster seen in "The Hand of God". Another column of the roster can be seen around time index 35:00 behind Baltar.