Quorum of Twelve (TRS)
- This article explains the legislative body in the Re-imagined Series. For information on its Original Series counterpart, see Quorum of Twelve (TOS).
The Quorum of Twelve is a unicameral deliberative body that grants each of the Twelve Colonies one elected representative, who votes on and brings issues to be discussed. The scope of these issues, in the aftermath of the Cylon attack, is likely to be quite broad due to the lack of any other organized political bodies.
In practice, the Quorum is the counterpoint to the President of the Twelve Colonies. While the executive branch has great power, the Quorum likely needs to ratify all laws devised by the president and the cabinet. It is also able to veto presidential provisions.
First Roslin Administration
- Alexander Amiet of Aerelon
- Marshall Bagot of Virgon
- Gaius Baltar of Caprica 
- Miska Burian of Aquaria 
- Perah Enyeto of Tauron
- Oswin Eriku of Libran 
- Sarah Porter of Gemenon
- Eladio Puasha of Scorpia
- Safiya Sanne of Picon
- Robin Wenutu of Canceron
- Tom Zarek of Sagittaron
Secluded in his lab, Gaius Baltar seems unaware that he has even been nominated for the Caprican post until he is made aware of the decision.
One of the primary issues of the new Quorum is the election of a vice president as the Quorum is responsible for the confirmation of the successor to that office. If there is a tie, as is the case during the campaign of Tom Zarek and Gaius Baltar, the president is the one who casts the tie-breaking vote (Colonial Day).
This Quorum of Twelve assembles on Cloud 9.
With the loss of Cloud 9 shortly after Gaius Baltar's inauguration, the Quorum's meeting place is destroyed. A number of delegates may also have died in the disaster. The Quorum continued to meet throughout the Baltar administration until at least its surrender to the Cylons a year later on New Caprica. It appears to have been dissolved at some point during the Cylon occupation.
Zarek/Second Roslin/Adama Administration
The representatives on this Quorum include:
- Jacob Cantrell of Sagittaron
- Lee Adama of Caprica (succeeding Cowen)
- an unnamed delegate from Picon
- an unnamed delegate from Gemenon
- Reza Chronides (unknown colony), succeeded by an unnamed delegate
- seven further unnamed delegates (three women and four men)
- The Quorum combines features from the U.N. Security Council, U.S. Senate and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles (a leadership body in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and some other Mormon sects).
- As shown in "Dirty Hands", Baltar's colony of origin is actually Aerelon. However, this is not common knowledge to the Colonials at the time of his appointment to the Quorum seat.
- This information comes from this page from the Quorum agenda in "Colonial Day".
- Gaius Baltar: If it's not the union, it's the Quorum. And if it's not the Quorum, it's the People's Council. (Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II)
- Laura Roslin: So, Mr. President, how long before the new Quorum of Twelve can be sworn in? (Collaborators)